Here you will find the latest software and documentation for download at no cost. To obtain a specific item, click the corresponding blue "Download" button on the right to start the download process.To obtain a copy of the software manual, please contact your authorized Micro-Vu dealer.
These steps will help you upgrade your PC to Windows 10:
- Ensure the computer meets Micro-Vu's minimum requirements.
Create a backup of the Micro-Vu machine information by saving the folder named "InSpec for Windows" to
external storage. This folder is located here:
- Update the computer to Windows 10. (If you are replacing your PC, you will skip this step)
- Download the InSpec installer in the new environment. Note that InSpec 2.97.10 is the minimum version supported on Windows 10.
- Run the downloaded InSpec installer and the installation wizard will provide step by step instructions.
- The correct machine model and type of frame grabber should be selected in the installation wizard.
The previously saved "InSpec for Windows" folder should be copied to the following location:
- Run InSpec and your Micro-Vu machine should be ready for use.
- InSpec 2.97.10 is required for all Sol, Vertex, and Excel machines with USB 2.0 cameras or USB 2.0 converter boxes on Windows 10.
- Other customers who were previously using InSpec 2.97 or newer can upgrade to InSpec 2.97.10 with minimal risk.
- Customers who were previously using older versions of InSpec on analog Vertex, Excel, or older machine models may wish to temporarily retain their existing InSpec version when upgrading to Windows 10 to ensure a smoother transition. Select older versions of InSpec are available from authorized Micro-Vu dealers.
- USB 2.0 cameras or USB 2.0 converter boxes will not work properly on versions before InSpec 2.97.2.
- While newer Windows versions are generally backwards compatible with older software, InSpec 2.95.0287.02 is the oldest version of InSpec that specifically supported Windows 10.
- If customers have been using versions older than InSpec 2.95.0287.02 on Windows 7 or Windows 10 with their machines successfully, they are likely to continue to work.
- Versions older than InSpec 2.90 are at greater risk for Windows 10 compatibility issues.
InSpec Metrology Software
InSpec 2.97.10 (Released 2020-01-14)
- OS: Windows 10 with late update packs (recent 1 year)
- Processor Family: Intel i5 (Skylake or newer). Latest Intel i7, i9, or Xeon Recommended
- Processor Cores: 4
- RAM: 8GB
- Hard Drive: 10GB Free
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 or greater, NVidia GeForce 450 or greater, or NVidia Quadro FX4800, K1100M, 2000M, M500M or greater
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 ports connected to root hub (Intel)
- Display: 1080p. 1080p or 1440p Recommended